‘Hugely warm, wise, hopeful and encouraging’ Alain de Botton
Every parent wants their child to be happy and every parent wants to keep away from screwing them up. But how do you achieve that?
In this absorbing, clever and funny book, renowned psychotherapist Philippa Perry tells us what in reality matters and what behaviour you will need to keep away from – the vital dos and don’ts of parenting.
Instead of mapping out the ‘perfect’ plan, Perry offers a big-picture look at the elements that lead to good parent-child relationships. This refreshing, judgement-free book will let you to:
· Be aware how your own upbringing may have an effect on your parenting
· Accept that you’re going to make mistakes and learn what you’ll be able to do about them
· Break negative cycles and patterns
· Take care of your own and your child’s feelings
· Be aware what different behaviours communicate
Full of sage and sane advice, this is the book that every parent will need to read and every child will wish their parents had.